Sun Preliminary Designs
Description: Light source attached by a pole to a rotating shaft below the scene. Polarized sheets or variable resistors control the brightness.
- Mechanical appearance
- Easy set-up and installation
- Long lever arm could be difficult to raise
- Could create large amount of torque
- Cost of polarized sheets
Description: Light source is moved by a gondola pulley system. The track is supported by the general structure and is powered by a shaft.
- Easy to change the direction of motion
- Most likely a more involved set up
- Turning the sun around presents new design challenge
- Battery powered most likely