The HYPER lab is located on WSU’s Pullman Campus. To fly here you have these options:
- directly to Moscow-Pullman Regional Airport (PUW),
- Lewiston (LWS), Idaho which is a 1 hour drive from Pullman, or
- Spokane, WA (GEG) which is a 1:45 minute drive.
- Seattle, WA (SEA) which is a 5:30 minute drive in perfect conditions (not advised in winter).
Only Alaska Airlines flies to Pullman’s airport, which is in the process of being upgraded, and a clear line-of-sight is required for pilots to land. The risky travel months are from November through May. The flight will return to Seattle if it can’t land.
Delta and Alaska both fly to Lewiston.
The cheapest and most reliable route is to fly to Spokane, getting a rental car, and make the drive down Highway 195 to Pullman (watch out for drifting snow in the winter).
Once here in Pullman there are primarily three hotel options:
- Residence Inn by Marriott in Pullman — the newest, nicest, and within walking distance of campus and the airport.
- Holiday Inn Express Pullman — the standard. Walking to campus is a stretch.
- Hilltop Inn — one of the oldest and nicest in Pullman. Beautiful campus views but not walking distance to campus.
If those hotels are full, try Moscow, ID which is just a 15 minute drive. If it’s a football game weekend you may have to stay in Lewiston and commute.