Compressed gas bottle safety is important! Follow these simple rules to ensure your gas bottle stays a container – not a rocket.
- Bottles should be chained at all times to prevent them from tipping over.
- Steel caps need to be on bottles when not in use – especially for transportation.
- Transport gas bottles on bottle carts.
- Always use pressure relief devices when attaching high pressure bottles to systems.
- Ensure lines are depressurized and bottle valve is shut before disconnecting the bottle from a system – even when the bottle is “empty”.
- Flammable gas bottles should always be grounded before use to avoid static ignition
See H2Tools.org for more information regarding gaseous hydrogen storage.