Service and our LandGrant Mission
The HYPER community works hard to make all of our experimental facilities available to the public through a fixed rate Service Center. Making these services available to our regional constituents near cost is our way of giving the region a head-start in the nascent hydrogen economy. The Land-Grant mission is predicated on being the grand equalizer between the high-tech urban centers and the rural agrarian lands; to plow new technological ground enabling new forms of commerce. To help those with questions and nowhere else to go.
If you’re in the area of hydrogen or cryogenics and don’t want to set up your own research facility, reach out to us. We’re here to help.
The Washington Energy (WE) Cryogenics Service Center was initiated in the spring of 2018 to make the precision cryogenics measurement equipment in the HYPER lab more accessible to the general public. The Service Center has both rental and fee-based structures depending on familiarity with the equipment. The primary capabilities are listed in separate postings below. Please inquire for current capabilities, availability, and rates: (email@example.com)
Precision Cryogenic Measurements and Calibrations
The WE-Cryo center is offering the Titan and C3PO custom cryostats for precision cryogenic measurements. The following capabilities have been demonstrated:
- 10-100 K temperature range with secondary standard germanium RTDs
- precision density and sorption measurements with a Rubotherm Isosorp 2000 magnetic suspension microbalance
- vacuum-12000 kPa pressure range with Paroscientific Digiquartz pressure transducers
- sample volumes up to 1 Liter
- comparative thermal conductivity bridge
- thin film permeation measurements at cryogenic temperatures
To maintain these instruments a precision dead-weight pressure tester, Isotherm flow cell, and Adixen Graph D+ calibrated variable mass-spectrometer are available.